Did you know that it’s possible to make money with your blog using just one WordPress plugin? Whether you’re new to blogging, or a seasoned pro looking to monetize your site, you should check out Viglink and Skimlinks (you only need one or the other, not both). This post may contain affiliate links; however I only promote products I love, from companies I trust.
So what is Viglink and Skimlinks? When I first heard about these tools I was immediately intrigued. I’ve been blogging since 2009, and have had four blogs of my own, so I know the amount of time that can go into making money blogging. Thankfully, Viglink and Skimlinks takes all of the time and hard work out of the equation. Let me explain…
Viglink and Skimlinks turns any link on your blog into an affiliate link; meaning that you can receive a commission from it. For example, let’s say you have a beauty blog and you link to your favorite makeup products. Viglink or Skimlinks will automatically update those links to affiliate links with no extra work needed on your part. Viglink and Skimlinks works with over 30,000 merchants, so they can monetize practically any product you want to link to on your blog.
If you already have your own affiliate links set up, you can keep those set just the way they are, and only have Viglink or Skimlinks update the links on your blog that are not already set up with an affiliate. It’s easy to set up and customize your preferred settings.
It only takes a few minutes to get Viglink or Skimlinks up and running. Here are the steps:
- Click here to sign up for your Viglink account OR
- Click here to sign up for your Skimlinks account (you only need to work with one of these companies, not both)
- Download and install the WordPress plugin on your blog
- Write your blog posts as usual, and include links to various products around the web
- Viglink or Skimlinks will automatically monetize the link. They keep 25% of the commission, and you get 75% (wohoo!). You will receive payment every month via PayPal, and there is no minimum threshold.
As with any affiliate marketing program, make sure you put a little disclosure in your post stating that you may receive a commission from links included in your post. Not only does this keep the FTC happy, it’s a good practice to be transparent and honest with your supportive readers. Remember, affiliate links cost your readers nothing (the price of the product will be the same whether they use your link or not).